P. T. O.
Visit Us On Facebook: Tallassee Elementary P.T.O.
“To enrich the Tallassee Elementary School experience for students, parents, teachers, and staff.”
Who we are:
A group of parents working together to enrich the educational and social experience for their children via energy,
enthusiasm, support, and time.
• Provide enriching programs for students with activities and services that develop their social and educational lives.
• Connect families and school community by allowing parents to feel more involved and engaged in school.
• Support teachers/staff/school to add to the educational experience.
This is accomplished effectively by:
• Recognizing the needs of our children and our school.
• Work cooperatively with parents, staff, and community together creating strong partnerships.
• Active involvement and efficient use of resources (i.e. money, volunteer hours).
Communication – Keep parents up-to-date on PTO and school events at Tallassee Elementary School. In order to regularly communicate the school & PTO news, this website is updated on a regular basis. Also, don't forget to check your child's folder daily.
School Support – Support the school and appreciate the teachers and staff The PTO organizes staff appreciation activities such as staff luncheons and Appreciation Week.
Volunteers – Provide volunteers: the lifeblood of the PTO, the greatest asset. The PTO provides and coordinates parent volunteers for not only its own activities, but also for the many school needs. Volunteers are needed for the Parent Zone, the Scholastic Book Fair, classroom volunteers, literacy pals, special projects and incentives, grounds maintenance, and more.
Ways & Means – Generate money to make all this happen The PTO receives financial support from our Fall and Spring Fundraisers. The PTO's goal is to utilize its resources (i.e. volunteer hours) efficiently to maximize return.